Saturday, November 20, 2010

Trifle Crushes


Celebrity crushes. You've got 'em. I've got 'em. We've all got 'em. I can still remember my first celeb crush, I crushed on. Remember Randy from Home Improvement? (A.K.A. Jonathan Taylor Thomas) How could anyone forget those gorgeous eyes??? I was in love with J.T.T. at the age of 8. I even had a giant poster of him hanging on my bedroom wall. My brother found it, oh so hilarious, to take it down and hide it. I found nothing funny about this. Nothing, Nate.

Middle school brought my love for Josh Hartnett or as I affectionately called him Josh "Hotnett." You like that, don't lie. My middle school locker was covered, top to bottom, with his beautiful face and brooding eyes. This may be the most handsome man on earth.

My crush on Josh carried over into the beginning of high school, but then I moved into the sports realm. Meet Christian Moody, a walk-on for the KU Jayhawks basketball team from 2002-2006. I actually got to meet him after a game and when I did I was obsessed. I was crushing. I followed him relentlessly over the next few basketball seasons. I watched every KU game, praying he'd eventually get in, read every newspaper article and even made a sign for him when I attended a game. I was a "Moody Maniac."

Now I'm in college and most of my celebrity crushes center around musicians. Many musicians. Sooo many. There's Matt, Sufjan, Dan and Patrick, Mat, Joshua, Sondre, Dave, and so on and so forth. Lately I've totally been infatuated with Chris Chu from The Morning Benders. Actually, I think it's his beautiful voice more than anything, but dang, it totally makes me swoon.
Chris seems like a guy who likes sweets. I make sweets. He makes music. I love to listen to music. It's a win-win. I really think this would totally work. I'd make him this trifle and he would serenade me and life would be quite grand.

This trifle is one of the most requested desserts in my family. My mom came across this on the Internet and put her own spin on it. The result=freakin' delish. Chocolate pudding, hot fudge, Oreos....oh, dear Lord.


Ultimate Chocolate Trifle
adapted from allrecipes

1 pkg. brownie mix, prepared
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 c. water
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 pkg. Oreos, crushed
1 jar hot fudge topping

Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Set aside and cool completely.

In large bowl, mix pudding, 1/2 cup of water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth. Then fold in 8 oz. whipped topping.

Fold until no streaks appear.

Cut brownies into 1 inch squares and layer bottom of trifle dish or glass bowl.
Layer crushed Oreos and hot fudge.
Next, layer pudding mixture.
Consume a few cookies during the process, cause you'll get hungry.
Nom-nom.
Then layer with whipped topping.
Repeat layers.
Garnish with leftover Oreos and hot fudge.
Then dig the heck in.

No comments:

Post a Comment