Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Different Kind of Road Trip


Do you ever have days where you feel like dropping everything, getting in your car and just hitting the road? You don't have a destination in mind, you just know you're going to keep driving til you run out of gas or your parents send a search party after you.

I have this thought quite often. Too often. It's not like I'm running away from anything, I just feel like getting away by myself with no distractions or responsibilities on my mind. Something about it is so therapeutic and soothing. Just me, my car, my tunes, no plans and a stretch of highway in front of me, going wherever the road takes me.

I still have yet to go through with this spontaneous road trip, but it'll happen. And I'll make sure to have about 4 dozen of these cookies on hand, cause a girl cannot live on gas station food alone. ;)

So out of all the cookies I've made lately, these have probably been the biggest hit with the friends. Chocolate cookies with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, who wouldn't love them? The original recipe calls for White Chocolate Reese's Cups, but my grocery store apparently doesn't carry them, so I went with the original. Still delicious.

Chewy Chocolate Cookies with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
makes about 3 dozen

1 1/4 c. butter, softened
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
20 oz. bag of Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until completely mixed in. Add vanilla and mix until blended.

In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter/sugar mixture and mix on low speed until well blended. Fold in chopped peanut butter cups.

Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes. Cookies should be done when edges are set. They will continue to bake a bit as they cool. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then to transfer to cooling rack.



No comments:

Post a Comment