Tuesday, December 14, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Cookies! Day 2


Here's day two coming at you with a delicious shortbread cookie. (Btw, I turned in a final paper this morning and for the first time in my life I had the problem of writing too much. What the heck?)

To go along with the shortbread, here's Bing Crosby with, of course, White Christmas. Which I'm hoping and praying for and you should be too. :)


Heavenly Shortbread
adapted from allrecipes.com

2 c. butter, softened
1 c. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream softened butter thoroughly. Slowly add sugar and vanilla or almond.


Sift flour and cornstarch before adding. Mix well. Press into an ungreased jelly roll pan.
Bake 30 minutes or until very light brown (I baked mine for about 25 minutes) . Cut into bars while warm.


Tip:
The next time I bake these I plan on adding a little more sugar and a little less flour. The dough seemed super crumbly, so I added a little bit of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment