Saturday, July 31, 2010

Not My Cup o' Tea


My last week has been crazy hectic. I've finished up work for the summer, started packing my things to move and helped out with a house demolition/remodeling. In other words I'm beat like a drum and slept in til 10:30 this morning. (Something I haven't been able to do in a long while.)


And over the week I've come to the conclusion that house remodeling is not my thing. As much as I enjoy painting and decorating, the whole tearing down walls and putting in insulation, blows.
Plaster in your eyes, itchy, fiber-glass insulation on your skin can drive you crazy. I'll leave all that fun stuff up to the others. Like Mike and Jason.

Good work, Mike.

Looks super, Jason.

I should be the official cheerer, encourager, cheerleader. "T-E-A-R D-O-W-N THOSE WALLS!!! PUT UP THAT DRYWALL!!!"

Or I could make them cookies. PB&J Cookies to be exact.

Yes, PB&J Cookies. They are awesome. And they are so cute. And they are so easy to make. This is another gluten-free recipe, so the whole no flour thing works for your benefit.



Now you'll have to excuse me, I have some cookies to make and deliver to some hungry drywallers.

PB&J Cookies

adapted from Joy the Baker

makes about 32 small cookies

1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking soda

about 1/4 cup any fruit preserves, but strawberry rocks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. The dough will be crumbly. Roll into teaspoon sized balls and roll in granulated sugar. Make a small indentation in the center of the dough ball with your pointer finger. Fill the depression with fruit preserves. Bake for 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment