Monday, July 12, 2010

You Can't Be Serious...


Have you ever witnessed someone consuming a crazy combination of food and wanted to straight up hurl? I mean ridiculousness like, "pickles & ice cream" and "mayo & peanut butter?" (I think I just threw up a little.) Growing up and sitting in the lunch room at school, I saw one too many horrific combos that still haunt me to this day: Lucky Charms & grape juice(poor kid was lactose intolerant), chicken patty & strawberry sauce(my friend is just strange), and ranch & applesauce (Trashcan, PLEASE!)

However, there are some pretty delicious combinations out there, that one might shudder at. For instance, Doritos and Cap N' Crunch. Holy smokes, go and buy one of each, mix and devour. I'm totally serious. I somehow stumbled upon that combination in high school and it's a winner.

A recent combination I have come to adore is peanut butter and bacon. C'mon, you can't go wrong with either one. I love making toast, slathering the p.b on heavy (of course) and topping it with some nice crispy bacon. Delicious. So you would not believe how giddy I got when I found a recipe for peanut butter bacon cookies on Joy the Baker's blog.

These cookies are soooo good, they practically melt in your mouth. And five ingredients only! There is no flour, so they are sans gluten, perfect for any friends who have gluten free diets.


So, I'm asking you, begging you, pleading with you, down on my knees groveling, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make these cookies. You'll be happy you did.

Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
adapted from Joy the Baker
makes 15 cookies

1 cup all-natural chunky or creamy peanut butter (Very important that it is all-natural! Cookies will bake better.)

1 cup sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar & 1/2 cup granulated sugar)

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking soda

6 slices of bacon, cooked, cooled and diced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about two minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another two minutes. Fold in cooked bacon. Roll into large walnut sized balls and create a criss-cross pattern with a fork. You can also roll the dough balls in granulated sugar before making the criss-cross pattern. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet for five minutes. Best when made in the late afternoon, early evening, so they spoil your dinner. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment