Monday, January 31, 2011

An Anniversary Dinner


Check out these crazy kids. Meet Poppa B. and Momma B. They kind of like each other if you couldn't tell. And check out the cake! My first ever attempt at a homemade buttercream icing. This was three years ago when they celebrated 25 years of martial bliss. My Grandpa Jack renewed their wedding vows right in our living room, my siblings and I were witnesses and I cried my eyes out. It was truly one of the most beautiful things I've ever had the opportunity to experience. Ok, I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic...and a sap.

Their 28th came this last December and I wanted to make a special dinner for them while I was home over break. Here's what my siblings and I did...

Entree:
Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Onions and Pineapple
(One of my bro's signature dishes)


Let me tell you, I'm not a big fan of the "other white meat,"


but I'd eat this everyday if I could. Sooo good.






Super easy to make, hardly any prep time needed.


And delicious.


Dessert:
Flourless Chocolate Cake


Seriously, what do I have to say?

Mmm....


Love you, Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment