Sunday, January 23, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake!

My break is officially over. Bittersweet this is. I am glad to be back in town and around my friends. However, the thought of me starting classes tomorrow is daunting. Blah. Semester numero 8 is about to go underway. Hooray. (Are you sensing the sarcasm?) Enough about school, on to happier things.



I recently decorated cakes! Lots and lots of cakes. Ok, only like three, but dang, it was kind of tiring. My high school FACS teacher asked me to come and help decorate cakes for a raffle at a basketball game. I helped bake the cakes (a white, a chocolate and little white cakes) and decorated with the students for two days. I had such a fun time and I think the girls did too! :)


Meet Mrs. Frankenbery, or Frank as she is affectionately called at FHS.

Check out these little guys! Aren't they cute. Baked in a mold my mom got me from Avon.


The girls with their creations.


The decadent chocolate peanut butter cake I showed them how to make. Recipe comes from Bakerella. It's killer.


Basic white cake with snow white buttercream.




My hands were shaking ridiculously when I was piping the yellowjacket head. I'm pretty dang proud of it though.


The next cake was for some friends' birthday/graduation party.


It was a chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling (from the "Doctored Up Brownies!") and the snow white buttercream.




It was pretty dang good. So good I made it a second time. My dad said it tasted like a Butterfinger. I therefore dub it the "Butterfinger cake."


The "Butterfinger cake" was a hit at the party with no leftovers to be found.


My friends Jason, Mike and Bailey, in stick-figure form. They rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment