Thursday, March 10, 2011

Facebook, Facebook, Facebook

Story time...

I deactivated my Facebook account last week. Mainly because I needed a break from it and slightly because I watched "The Social Network" and it sucked and I was pissed. Sorry if you're a fan and don't let my opinion of it sway you, if you haven't seen it. It's just that it was about Facebook, FACEBOOK people. And though he's probably a swell guy in real life, Zuckerberg was not depicted in a positive light. I totally should have rented "Waiting for Superman" instead. Oh well, lesson learned.

Anyways, I have come to the realization that I cannot, for the life of me, remember life before having Facebook. I sit and ask myself, "What on earth did I do with my time? Did I really communicate with my friends in other ways? Such as text messages, phone calls, face to face convos?" (MIND-BLOWING)

What cracks me up about this whole Facebook deactivation is the numerous comments from friends...

"Are you not on Facebook anymore? What happened??"

"You're no longer my friend. What's the deal?"

"I miss you on Facebook." (As opposed to in real life???)

Friends, once again, let me reassure you, it's a temporary break. I will be back and in your Facebook lives shortly. I have to or no one else will read this thing!


Now here are some cookies which my cousin, word for word, described in a text as, "Allison, made some BOMB cookies." They are pretty bomb. Peanut butter, marshmallows, chocolate pudding. Oh yes.


Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Marshmallow Cookies
adapted from Picky Palate
makes about 3 dozen

2 sticks softened butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

4 oz box instant chocolate pudding mix

10 oz bag peanut butter chips

1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a stand or electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Place flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate pudding mix, peanut butter chips and marshmallows. Mix until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, place onto baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring.

No comments:

Post a Comment