Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What I Ate During the Super Bowl (I'm Not Creative Right Now, Hence Blog Title)




I'm tired.

I'm ready for this semester to be over already. (Yeah, yeah, "don't waste your life away..." I get it, whatever.)

Because of this state of "tiredness" I find myself in, I'm beginning to neglect things, such as eating dinner and updating this blog.

I need to do a better job of both.

I'm tired. Wait, I told you that already. I'm losing my mind...

Here's what I made for a Super Bowl party this past Sunday. (BTW, how about those commercials? Kudos to VW and Doritos, but Groupon, shame on you. Wanting to raise awareness is good, but you could have done it another way.)

Now, to the food.


Buffalo Chicken Dip.



This could easily be a meal in itself. Believe me, I've done it. (Shout out to Sara for introducing me to this delicious dip!)

For dessert, I made this again. And of course it was a hit.

You need, nay, MUST make these dips soonish. Can you say, "Thursday night dinner?"

Buffalo Chicken Dip
adapted from Swanson


1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 ounces)
1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing or ranch salad dressing
2 cans (12.5 ounces each) Swanson® Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
1/2 cup any flavor FRANK'S® RedHot® sauce
Assorted fresh vegetables or crackers

Heat the oven to 350° F. Stir the cream cheese in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with a fork or whisk until it's smooth. Stir in the dressing, pepper sauce and blue cheese. Stir in the chicken. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir before serving. Serve with the vegetables and crackers for dipping


No comments:

Post a Comment