Friday, September 9, 2011

Already Missing Summer...and My Niece




I know, it has been months. But let's move past that. School has officially taken over (once again!) but I vow to start blogging on a more regular basis.

And with school starting, I'm already beginning to miss summer. Badly. Very badly. You'd be in the same boat as me if this was your view for the entire month of July.


Feel my pain? Good. Slightly jealous? You and I. Above beach. Next summer.

And I'm missing my redheaded niece more than ever! Must get home. Must play with niece. Must make these cookies with her again.




Just the best cookie helpers out there!


Can't turn my back for two seconds...



Peanut Butter Blossoms

adapted from Jif

1/2 c. butter flavored shortening
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter (I add more, duh.)
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 large egg
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Sugar (for rolling)
48 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped

Heat over to 375 degrees. Cream together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms. Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Top each cookie, immediately, with unwrapped Kiss, pressing down firmly so that the cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheet. Eat immediately with tall glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment