Sunday, December 19, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Cookies! Day 7


I cannot believe Christmas is just days away. Where did the time go? I have yet to pack to go home tomorrow and have not done a lick of Christmas shopping. Go me. One of the two, or hopefully both, has to happen today. Today's cookie is technically not a "cookie," BUT it involves cookies, so yes, it's kind of a "cookie." I'm talking about Oreo Truffles or Balls, but that makes me giggle, so Truffles it is.


They have become quite popular (thanks to the awesome skills of the talented Bakerella) the last few years as well as their partner, Cake Pops or Balls. (Giggling to myself.) They're perfect for Christmas parties, gifting and a fun activity with the kiddos.
Today's song is the Heat Miser song from The Year Without a Santa Claus. I LOVE this stinkin' movie. And you will most definitely be hearing from his brother, Snow Miser, later. ;)


Oreo Truffles
adapted from Bakerella

1 pkg. Oreo cookies
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
white chocolate bark (almond bark)

Finely crush 7 cookies (get out all that built up anger). Reserve for later. Crush remaining cookies (more anger releasing!) and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to mash the two together. (I use my hands, much easier.)
Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and place on wax covered cookie sheet.
Melt chocolate as directed on package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. (Dip them again, for a cleaner finish.) You can sprinkle the tops with the reserved Oreo crumbs or decorate with melted chocolate once dry.

Like so...




Dry and refrigerate. And enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment